R. Holmes and Mark Roberts
1. "Salvation is by grace alone"
B. Passages Misused
C. Red Flag:
1. Watch them say "grace only" whenever you talk about obedience, but then say "one must believe"
2. Which is it - grace only or grace and faith?
3. See John 6:29
What is grace really all about?
1. Grace is all that God has done for us, that we couldn't do ourselves
a) Hebrews 2:9
2. We must accept the conditions of His grace:
b) Romans 3:24-25
a) Titus 2:11
3. God will not obey for you! He has done all He will, man must obey:
b) 2 Corinthians 6:1
c) Hebrews 12:15
4. Keep using the Old Testament examples of man cooperating with God's grace:
a) Noah built (faith), but God had the plan (grace).
b) Israel walked (faith), but God parted the Red Sea (grace).
c) Israel marched (faith), but God destroyed Jericho's walls (grace).
d) Man is baptized (faith), but God saves (grace).