R. Holmes and Mark Roberts
1. "We are under grace, not law. We must not depend on what we do, but on God."
B. Passages Misused:
1. Romans 6:14-15
2. Galatians 3:11
Bible teaches we are under law and grace
1. We are not under a law system whereby man works and earns his salvation:
B. Confusion about Grace
a) Ephesians 2:8-11
2. However, we are under law:
b) Romans 3:23; 10:5
a) 1 Corinthians 9:21
3. This law is the Gospel, with all its accompanying commands, privileges, and provisions:
b) Romans 8:2
c) Galatians 6:2
a) James 1:25; 2:12
b) Romans 8:2, 16-17
1. Neo-Calvinists confuse basis for salvation (Christ) and the conditions for salvation (obedience).
2. Is any really teaching, "I go to services three times a week and have been baptized and so I do not need Jesus"?
3. Man must obey the Gospel, the law of Christ!when you hear it!