R. Holmes and Mark Roberts
I. Tips and Tactics
Define all terms. Watch for "term jumping"
1. Neo-Calvinists are notorious for saying one thing when they mean something else entirely
B. Make them say "Must."
2. Make certain that terms such as "law," "grace," "imputed righteousness," are clearly defined and that they stick with the definition
1. Neo-Calvinists don't want to admit we must believe to be saved, or that we must accept God's grace, or that man must do anything to be saved.
C. Get ready to be charged:
2. Make them say it!
1. Legalism - "You're a modern-day Pharisee, legalist, etc."
D. Know the book of Romans
2. Ignorance - "Do you know everything?"
3. Unrighteousness - "All our works are as filthy rags."
1. A great deal of Neo-Calvinism comes from perverting Romans.
2. You must know what is taught before you can know error when you hear it!